The Sixth Annual Tofino Lantern Festival in August 2006
sponsored by the Raincoast Education Society
Make sure you don't miss this magical night! On Sunday Aug. 27th, 2006 the Raincoast Education Society is sponsoring the Sixth Annual Lantern Festival at the Tofino Botanical Gardens.
During the week leading up to the festival, residents and visitors can come to the Interpretive Centre to build their own candle lanterns to carry along the garden trails (see below for extra workshops at Word's End Booksellers and the Clayoquot Field Station). While many lanterns are carried by those who attend the event, many more are part of the numerous and imaginative creations scattered throughout the gardens. Imagine the trails alive with the glow of colourful handmade lanterns, music and other surprises…
Plans for this year's festival are well underway, so now is the time to get involved; make a lantern, sign up as a volunteer, get yourself a stylin' locally designed Lantern Festival t-shirt, or simply come enjoy a stroll through the magically lit gardens on Sunday, August 27th. Costumes are encouraged.
If you would like to become a sponsor for this great community event please contact the Raincoast Education Society at 725-2560.
The Lantern Festival is
a car free event!
Please bike, boogie, or Beach Bus! The limited parking at the gardens will be reserved for staff and volunteers.
Tofino Bus will be offering a free shuttle to the Festival and will leave from the Village Green every half hour starting at 7 pm.
Thank you Tofino Bus!
Lantern Making Workshops:
Bring family and friends and make a beautiful candle lantern for the procession at the Tofino Lantern Festival. $10 per lantern (all supplies included).
For more info please call (250) 725-2560
Wednesday, August 23, Noon - 7 pm
Thursday, August 24,
Noon - 7 pm
Friday, August 25,
Noon - 7 pm
Saturday, August 26,
Noon - 5 pm
Raincoast Interpretive Centre,
451 Main St., Tofino, BC
- Tofino Film Festival: February 17-20, 2016
- Pacific Rim Whale Festival: March 12-27, 2016
- Artsplash PRAS Art Show: March 12-20, 2016
- Tofino Shorebird Festival: April 29 - May 1, 2016
- Feast! Tofino-Ucluelet: May 6-22, 2016
- Clayoquot Island Open House: May 21-22, 2016
- Tofino Public Market: May - September, 2016
- Tofino Food & Wine Festival: June 3-5, 2016
- Pacific Rim Summer Festival: June 30 - July 9, 2016
- Ukee Days: July 22-24, 2016
- Tofino Lantern Festival: August 14, 2016
- Tofino Beer Festival: September 26, 2015
- Queen of the Peak: September 30 - October 2, 2016
- Tofino Oyster Festival: November 17-19, 2016
- Tofino Winter Celebration Artisan Festival: Dec. ?, 2016
- West Coast Winter Music: Nov. 2, 2015 - April 2, 2016