July 23-25, 2010
The annual Ukee Days festival is a weekend of fun for the whole family! The festivities of Ukee Days kicks off with a scrumptious Salmon BBQ. The next morning begins with a pancake breakfast and parade. Enjoy two event-filled days of Logger Sports, kids games, face painting, live entertainment, great selections of food and crafts, contests, prizes and much more! For more information, please call Abby Fortune at 250-726-4772.
Ukee Days Calendar of Events
Friday, July 23, 2010
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Ucluelet Village Green
200 Main Street
Summer would not be complete without the smell of the Ukee Days Kick Off BBQ!
Located at 200 Main St. in the Village Green
$10 per adult and $5 for kids (aged 12 and under)
Ukee Days Cruise
Friday, July 23, 2010
Jamies Whaling Station, Ucluelet
Starts at 8:30 pm on Friday night (after the Salmon BBQ). Tickets are $29 and there is room for 46 people on the Lady Selkirk. Jamie’s Whaling Station will be running the show and taking everyone out for a sunset spectacle! You can call Jamie’s Whaling Station to book at 250 725 3919.
Ukee Days Parade
Register at the Ucluelet Community Centre for this event. Parade starts at 10:15 am on Saturday, July 24th and all participants will need to be at the Ucluelet Secondary School parking area for marshalling at 9:30 am. Judging will begin at 10:00 am just before the parade starts.
Ukee Days Bake Walk
Drop off of baked goods will be at 11:00 am on Saturday at the Seaplane Base Rec hall. The Bake Walk will commence at 12:00 pm just outside of the hall. As soon as the music turns on, participants walk around on coloured numbers on the ground. When the music stops, if you’re on a number that corresponds with a baked good...it’s yours!!
Ta Da Lady Show and Nylon Zoo
The Ta Da Lady is a child performer who is full of environmental fun! She will be performing throughout Ukee Days with storytelling, stage shows, singing and dancing! Her Nylon Zoo consists of HUGE blown up characters that have been hand painted and designed for fun! They will be located just beside the KidZone. Check the schedule for her performances.
Merridale will be at our Beer Gardens this year featuring their Merry Berry cider as well as their traditional and delicious house cider. Make sure you make it out to the gardens this year to taste the local flavours!
Phillips will also be attending the Beer Gardens this year with their Circus Trailer and a special Ukee Days “Logger”.
Phillips Brewery Keg Toss
Pillips Brewery will be hosting the Keg Toss, where participants will be able to take part in throwing an empty keg as far as they can to win prizes! There will be different categories depending on the age and size of the person throwing. Phillips will have fun prizes to win and their token Blue Buck Ale!
Bounce A Rama
These guys will be out again with their crazy blow-up fun! Bouncy castles, giraffes and the feature event this year will be the blow-up Jouster and Bungy! Admission will be $2 per person. Check the schedule for running times of the Jouster and Bungy for both Saturday, July 24th and Sunday, July 25th.
Wet Coast Dodgeball
Just like your regular game only with water-balloons!! Sign up Saturday, July 24th early to take part in this super fun and drenched tournament! Teams will be formed if not registered in advance depending on participation rates.
Nail It, Sail It, Bail It
The first annual event being held at UKEE DAYS!! 8 teams of 3 ppl will have 2 hours to build a floatable object out of specific materials given. The catch...? They are not allowed to know what the materials are until the day of the event!
fter the 2 hours, it is time to float these babies! 5 PM sharp on Saturday, July 24th at the Seaplane Base boat launch. Register at Windsor Plywood or Ukee Dogs! Registration fee is $30 per team. All proceeds go towards prize money for the event.
Pudding Eating Contest
Test your appetite in this contest! There will be 3 categories of pudding eaters...6 – 8, 9 – 12 and 13 yrs and up! Come out and see if you can win!
Our Ukee Days MusicFest is always a treat! With tons of local talent this year’s Ukee Days is going to have everyone dancing! Check out the schedule for times and get ready for a dance off this year!
North West Raptors Bird Show
Come out and watch birds fly right in front of your eyes! This crew of highly trained professionals trains birds to fly in the most creative ways. Check the Ukee Days Calendar to see when they are performing on Sunday, July 25th.
Jordano the Great and Ross the OK
Feeling magical? Come out and watch these two spend the weekend performing tricks, disappearing and playing cards at Ukee Days! Check the Calendar of Events for stage show performances and make sure to be at the event to watch these two roam around the grounds all weekend!
- Tofino Film Festival: February 17-20, 2016
- Pacific Rim Whale Festival: March 12-27, 2016
- Artsplash PRAS Art Show: March 12-20, 2016
- Tofino Shorebird Festival: April 29 - May 1, 2016
- Feast! Tofino-Ucluelet: May 6-22, 2016
- Clayoquot Island Open House: May 21-22, 2016
- Tofino Public Market: May - September, 2016
- Tofino Food & Wine Festival: June 3-5, 2016
- Pacific Rim Summer Festival: June 30 - July 9, 2016
- Ukee Days: July 22-24, 2016
- Tofino Lantern Festival: August 14, 2016
- Tofino Beer Festival: September 26, 2015
- Queen of the Peak: September 30 - October 2, 2016
- Tofino Oyster Festival: November 17-19, 2016
- Tofino Winter Celebration Artisan Festival: Dec. ?, 2016
- West Coast Winter Music: Nov. 2, 2015 - April 2, 2016
- Tofino Artist Studio Tour: March 17-19, 2009
- Tofino Art in the Garden: September 8 & 9, 2009
- Westcoast Maritime Festival: September 22-28, 2009
- Tofino in July 2010
- Tofino beaches: Chesterman Beach
- Tofino Bear Smart: Reduce your garbage
- Mongoose Studio in Tofino: Green screen Magic
- Ucluelet Aquarium: The Intertidal Zone
- Horoscope for July 2010
- Tofino events in July 2010
- Tofino concerts in July 2010
- July 2010: movies in Tofino
- Tofino tide chart for July 2010
- Tofino surf reports for July 2010
- Tofino yoga classes in July 2010
- Pacific Rim Summer Festival: July 1-15, 2010
- Ukee Days in Ucluelet: July 23-25, 2010
- Directory: Tofino Accommodations, Dining & Services
tofino | tofino time | activities | accommodation | events | directory
maps | travel | food | art & artists | photos | horoscope | tides
search | magazine | issues | articles | advertising | contact us
hosted in tofino by tofino.net & studio tofino
© 2002-2014 copyright Tofino Time Magazine in Tofino Canada
The Tofino Lantern Festival, on August 29, 2010 at the Tofino Botanical Gardens, is a fundraser for the Raincoast Education Society in Tofino.