Tofino Lantern Festival
August 28, 2011 at dusk
in the Tofino Botanical Gardens
Make sure you don't miss this magical night! On Sunday August 28th, 2011 the Raincoast Education Society is sponsoring the Seventh Annual Tofino Lantern Festival at the Tofino Botanical Gardens.
During the week leading up to the festival, residents and visitors can come to the Raincoast Interpretive Centre to build their own candle lanterns to carry along the garden trails (check the calendar below for workshops at Word's End Booksellers and the Clayoquot Field Station).
While many lanterns are carried by those who attend the event, many more are part of the numerous and imaginative creations scattered throughout the gardens. Imagine the trails alive with the glow of colourful handmade lanterns, music and other surprises...
The following is a list of events during the Tofino Lantern Festival from last year. This year's calendar of events will be posted closer to the actual event.
The event begins at 6:30 with Childrens hour (face painting, puppet shows, bubble shows, childrens music and much more). At 7:30, Tofino's top local musicians will take the stage and begin the soundtrack of the evening while mysterious lantern elves prepare the garden trails for the onset of darkness! Relax with delicious sobo treats and enjoy the music until the garden trails open at 8:30pm. A preliminary opening will be available at 7:30pm for little ones unable to make the 8:30pm opening.
The Tofino Lantern Festival is Drug and Alcohol Free!
Plans for this year's festival are well underway, so now is the time to get involved; make a lantern, sign up as a volunteer, get yourself a stylin' locally designed Lantern Festival t-shirt, or simply come enjoy a stroll through the magically lit gardens on Sunday, August 26th. Costumes are encouraged.
If you would like to become a sponsor for this great community event please contact the Raincoast Education Society at (250) 725-2560.
The Lantern Festival is a car free event!
Please bike, boogie, or take the bus! The limited parking at the gardens will be reserved for staff and volunteers.
Lantern Making Workshops 2010:
NEW DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED
Bring family and friends and make a beautiful candle lantern for the procession at the Tofino Lantern Festival at one of the following locations:
Lantern workshops at the
Clayoquot Field Station at the Botanical Gardens
1084 Pacific Rim Hwy,
Tofino • (250) 725-1220
Thu., Aug. 2 • 6-9 pm
Thu., Aug. 9 • 6-9 pm
Thu., Aug. 16 • 6-9 pm
at Words End Booksellers
1576 Imperial Lane,
Ucluelet • (250) 726-2665
Sunday, August 19 • 7 pm
Monday, August 20 • 7 pm
Lantern Workshops at the Raincoast Interpretive Ctr.
451 Main St.,
Tofino • 725-2560
- Pacific Rim Whale Festival: March 19-27, 2011
- Artsplash PRAS Art Show: March 19-27, 2011
- Tofino Shorebird Festival: May 6-8, 2011
- Feast! Tofino-Ucluelet: May 8 - June 4, 2011
- Clayoquot Island Open House: May 21-22, 2011
- Tofino Public Market: May - September, 2011
- Tofino Food & Wine Festival: June 3-5, 2011
- Pacific Rim Summer Festival: July 1-15, 2011
- Ukee Days: July 22-24, 2011
- Tofino Lantern Festival: August 28, 2011
- Tofino Beer Festival: September 24, 2011
- Queen of the Peak: October 15 & 16, 2011
- Tofino Film Festival: October 20-23, 2011
- Tofino Oyster Festival: November 17-19, 2011
- Tofino Winter Celebration Artisan Festival: Dec. 3 & 4, 2011
- West Coast Winter Music: Nov.5, 2011-March 31, 2012
- Tofino Artist Studio Tour: March 17-19, 2009
- Tofino Art in the Garden: September 8 & 9, 2009
- Westcoast Maritime Festival: September 22-28, 2009
tofino | tofino time | activities | accommodation | events | directory
maps | travel | food | art & artists | photos | horoscope | tides
search | magazine | issues | articles | advertising | contact us
hosted in tofino by tofino.net & studio tofino
© 2002-2012 copyright Tofino Time Magazine in Tofino Canada
The Tofino Lantern Festival, on August 28, 2011 at the Tofino Botanical Gardens, is a fundraser for the Raincoast Education Society in Tofino.