Open House at Clayoquot Island
May 20 & 21, 2006, Tofino
Once a year the folks of the Clayoquot Island Preserve extend a special invitation to the people of this sound. It is the weekend that they open up their island to visitors. It's a very special experience to get to spend an afternoon wandering the beaches, forest boardwalks and the extensive gardens of this 25-acre jewel. The island is a fantastic example of how people can live a life that is off the power grid and nourished by the land and sea.
The island's pioneer gardens have been extensively restored and enhanced from their early beginnings with the loving care of gardener Sharon Whalen. A walk through the gardens of the island is a walk through the history of Clayoquot Sound itself.
The island will be open to visitors on Saturday May 20 and Sunday May 21 from 12 - 6pm. Clayoquot Island aka. "Stubbs" sits off of Tofino directly to the west by a mile or so. Boat transportation is provided free of charge from the 1st street government dock and from Method Marine. Come prepared for the boat ride, bring a picnic and please leave your pets at home.
Check out the current dates for the Open House on Clayoquot Island on our Tofino festival page.
- Tofino Film Festival: February 17-20, 2016
- Pacific Rim Whale Festival: March 12-27, 2016
- Artsplash PRAS Art Show: March 12-20, 2016
- Tofino Shorebird Festival: April 29 - May 1, 2016
- Feast! Tofino-Ucluelet: May 6-22, 2016
- Clayoquot Island Open House: May 21-22, 2016
- Tofino Public Market: May - September, 2016
- Tofino Food & Wine Festival: June 3-5, 2016
- Pacific Rim Summer Festival: June 30 - July 9, 2016
- Ukee Days: July 22-24, 2016
- Tofino Lantern Festival: August 14, 2016
- Tofino Beer Festival: September 26, 2015
- Queen of the Peak: September 30 - October 2, 2016
- Tofino Oyster Festival: November 17-19, 2016
- Tofino Winter Celebration Artisan Festival: Dec. ?, 2016
- West Coast Winter Music: Nov. 2, 2015 - April 2, 2016