Whalefest 2004 – March 13-March 21
Tofino, Ucluelet and Pacific Rim National Park Reserve
The 18th Annual Pacific Rim Whale Festival will take place this year
March 13th to March 21st, to celebrate the annual spring migration
of the gray whales along our West Coast. During those two weeks the
districts of Tofino and Ucluelet along with Pacific Rim National Park
Reserve will host over 70 events.
Each spring, the population of the Pacific Gray Whale, estimated
at 22,000, travel along the coast of Vancouver Island from Baja Mexico
on their way to the Bering Sea.
Along the West Coast of Vancouver Island whales travel close to the
shoreline, providing excellent viewing opportunities from the rocky
headlands along the outer coast of our waters. During the Pacific Rim Whale Festival, shore side Bushnell viewing stations will be set up
in the area, including one at Amphitrite Point Lighthouse.
During the Pacific Rim Whale Festival, the hosting villages of Tofino
and Ucluelet, along with Pacific Rim National Park Reserve offer a
wide range of events providing entertaining and educational activities
for all. Some highlights include: the Chowder Chow Down in Ucluelet – a
seafood chowder cook-off competition guaranteed to whet your appetite
and please the palate; the Parade of Whales in Tofino; to an amazing
Art Show featuring the talents of our West Coast artists.
Browse through the current Whalefest Calendar on our Pacific Rim Whale Festival page for events during the Tofino whalefest.
- Tofino Film Festival: February 17-20, 2016
- Pacific Rim Whale Festival: March 12-27, 2016
- Artsplash PRAS Art Show: March 12-20, 2016
- Tofino Shorebird Festival: April 29 - May 1, 2016
- Feast! Tofino-Ucluelet: May 6-22, 2016
- Clayoquot Island Open House: May 21-22, 2016
- Tofino Public Market: May - September, 2016
- Tofino Food & Wine Festival: June 3-5, 2016
- Pacific Rim Summer Festival: June 30 - July 9, 2016
- Ukee Days: July 22-24, 2016
- Tofino Lantern Festival: August 14, 2016
- Tofino Beer Festival: September 26, 2015
- Queen of the Peak: September 30 - October 2, 2016
- Tofino Oyster Festival: November 17-19, 2016
- Tofino Winter Celebration Artisan Festival: Dec. ?, 2016
- West Coast Winter Music: Nov. 2, 2015 - April 2, 2016
Tofino Whale watching articles
Tofino whale festival 2004 with links to the current Pacific Rim Whale festival calendar.