Clayoquot Oyster Festival
A festival of oysters and the sea
When the District of Tofino dedicated November 'Oyster Month', it was a sure sign that the Clayoquot Festival of Oysters and the Sea was a huge success with many more years of celebrating to come.
This year we celebrate the 12th Annual Clayoquot Festival of Oysters and the Sea!! What was once a humble locals event for one night; something do to on a rainy night in our once sleepy November town, has now evolved into a weekend of oyster gastronomy, including oyster farm tours, educational seminars, masquerade ball and of course, the main event, selling out in just four hours after tickets went on sale this year, the Oyster Gala.
There are plenty of other events to go to November 20th - 22nd.
If you are dining out around town this month, ask about special oyster features. Otherwise, slurp into the mood and find your own way to celebrate 'Oysterember'!
- Tofino Film Festival: February 17-20, 2016
- Pacific Rim Whale Festival: March 12-27, 2016
- Artsplash PRAS Art Show: March 12-20, 2016
- Tofino Shorebird Festival: April 29 - May 1, 2016
- Feast! Tofino-Ucluelet: May 6-22, 2016
- Clayoquot Island Open House: May 21-22, 2016
- Tofino Public Market: May - September, 2016
- Tofino Food & Wine Festival: June 3-5, 2016
- Pacific Rim Summer Festival: June 30 - July 9, 2016
- Ukee Days: July 22-24, 2016
- Tofino Lantern Festival: August 14, 2016
- Tofino Beer Festival: September 26, 2015
- Queen of the Peak: September 30 - October 2, 2016
- Tofino Oyster Festival: November 17-19, 2016
- Tofino Winter Celebration Artisan Festival: Dec. ?, 2016
- West Coast Winter Music: Nov. 2, 2015 - April 2, 2016
Tofino celebrates Oyster Month in November 2008 with the Clayoquot Festival of Oysters & the Sea.